OCTA's Emerging Professionals Intern Program is a year-round paid student/intern program. You will gain real world work experience on meaningful projects under the guidance of transportation professional. You will have the opportunity to use problem solving, communication and decision-making skills as you gain valuable work experience. You will also work with a mentor and benefit from career counseling.
As an Emerging Professional, you will be exposed to OCTA's career opportunities in the transportation industry. You will gain deeper awareness of transportation's many facets through your OCTA orientation, projects and teams, and internal networking.
Under direct supervision, you will perform a variety of professional entry-level duties related to your major field of study and the sponsoring department's current business operations.
The interview/hiring process will result in an eligibility list to fill current and/or future openings through September 10, 2018.
The pay range is from $14.00 - $17.00 per hour depending on your education level. This position is not eligible for employee benefits. The work schedule will consist of approximately 20 hours a week, not to exceed 1,000 hours within a continuous 12 month period.
This application deadline for this position is February 24, 2018.
This list is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification and is not designed to be interpreted as an exhaustive listing of all tasks required of employees assigned to this job.
• Design flyers, digital signage, and other alternative marketing materials as needed for internal communication.
• Promote and participate in employee events, activities, and fundraising.
• Send out and/or publish internal communications via flyers, email, intranet, and digital signage.
• High level of proficiency in computer skills including Adobe Suite products: Illustrator, InDesign, and PhotoShop.
• Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
• Display exceptional communication skills, including writing and proofreading.
• Design flyers, digital signage and other communication pieces.
• Provide excellent customer service to our internal clients.
• Be independent and self-motivated with excellent organizational skills.
• Currently a full-time college student, Junior, Senior or Graduate, attending a four-year university or college, with an emphasis in Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism or related field.
• Must be a full-time student maintaining a 2.5 GPA.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Effective organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines.
• Intern must conduct themselves in a professional manner.
• Ability to work outside of normal business hours, including weekends, for employee events.
Working Conditions/ Physical Activities:
(The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. OCTA provides reasonable accommodation to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Positions in this class typically require:
• Work may be performed in a stressful, fast-paced office environment, depending upon assignment.
• Requires ability to understand verbal communication and to respond effectively.
• Positions in this class typically require: Reaching, Fingering, Grasping, Feeling, Talking, Hearing, Seeing, and Repetitive Motions in computer use.
The above statements are intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. They are not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, skills and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
OCTA is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and ensures that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or veteran status.